Frequently Asked Questions
This page lists the most frequently asked questions by users of the website, as well as some tips. If you don't find an answer here, use the request support feature. If your query relates to a tender then follow up with the designated contact person for that tender.
To Register as a New User
- From the menu select 'Sign up' or click the 'Register Now' on the welcome page
- Once clicked, you will be presented with the "Terms & Conditions" and "Privacy Statement" page's.
- If you have accepted both agreements you will be redirected to the 'Register New Supplier' page.
On the 'Register New Supplier' page
- Enter the Name (The full trading name of your business), the ABN (The Australian Business Number), Address with City, state/province, Country and Zip/Postal Code.
- Enter the details of the primary contact of the business, name and position, username and email address. Use a meaningful username consisting of at least six characters (number or letters). The username is used each time you log in to the site.
- The entered email address is used to dispatch automated notifications and your registration confirmation including details on how to login to the site.
- Enter at least one phone number.
- Click on the Register button.
The registration confirmation email will include a system-generated password. You can log into the system using the username you provided earlier and the generated password. Upon login you will be redirected to a page to reset the password.
- Sign into Council Buys and click on the top right menu item which displays your name
- Click Edit My Details or Edit My Business accordingly
- Update your details as required
- Click on Save Changes
You can easily retrieve your password yourself!
Click the 'Forgot your password' link on the login page, enter your email address and click reset password.
To respond electronically to a tender, you must be a registered site user. If you are a registered user, log in before lodging a tender response electronically. If you are not a registered user, you must first Register.
Then click on the relevant tender link you wish to respond to. In the displayed tender page, click on the "Click here to submit an electronic response" link. You will be redirected to a page where you can upload your response documents.
When a response is electronically lodged it is automatically encrypted using a digital certificate and passed on to the secure server via a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) transmission session.
It is recommended to download the latest version of the browser software, if you want to ensure maximum security.
Log onto the Council Buys website. Go to ‘Edit My Details’ in the drop down in top right corner, to ensure that you have provided your current email address in your profile. Update your details if necessary.
- Select the Search link in the Tenders menu.
- Complete the 'Search Criteria' using keywords and/or categories to find the tenders that are relevant to you.
- Create a name for the search criteria you created above by filling the Save Search As field and save it.
- The screen will refresh and display the newly created search.
- Click on the red 'Off' button in the 'Alert' column. Upon clicking, this will turn green and will display 'On'
- You are now set to receive email notifications, when tenders that match the saved search criteria are released to Council Buys.
A user can provide feedback and request for assistance for issues on the service. Use the 'Request Support' link in the Help menu to lodge a request.
If the user is signed in, their contact information will be prefilled. Otherwise, they are prompted to log in, or provide an email address.
The website does not support multiple registrations of a business. You will be alerted telling that your business is already registered on the Council Buys website, if this happens please contact the Council Buys Helpdesk on Telephone: (08) 8132 7350 or email [email protected] and we will set up your personal account under the existing business registration.
If you receive an alert telling you that your name and email address are already registered on the website, but you cannot remember your username or password, you can click on the 'Forgot Your Password' link in the login screen